Every time I read an article or tutorial about front end testing, it usually comes with the disclaimer that in-browser testing is hard. Over the few days I spent preparing my latest project’s front end testing framework I saw this warning so often I actually made a point of forgetting about everything that required a DOM until everything else had been done. When that day came, I quickly realised that those disclaimers are very well founded. In-browser testing is hard. More specifically, it is complex. It involves a lot of moving parts and given that front end technologies change often, tutorials are quickly outdated. My personal experience browsing the internet for answers motivated me to write this short article about how I ended up structuring my test and test coverage frameworks.